It is interesting that Hawthorne is having two meetings (one on Monday and one on Tuesday). As well, there's one each at Bailey Gatzert, Madrona and Leschi. Michael Tolley, the High School Director, will be Summit's guest on Wednesday - it would be interesting to hear what he has to say about closures.
Monday, December 8th,
- 6:00 - 7:45 at Douglass-Truth Library, 2300 E Yesler Way: A meeting of the alternative, all-city draw schools (Summit, Nova, AS1) to strategize around closures and consolidations, and school assignment issues. For this meeting we need to be out promptly at 7:45 so we should try to get started as close to 6:00 as possible. Please help get out the word to families from these schools (Nova and AS1).
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m., Bailey Gatzert Elementary, 1301 E Yesler Way, Community Meeting
- 8:00 - 9:30 p.m., Hawthorne Elementary (library), 4100 39th Ave S, Community Meeting
Tuesday, December 9th,
- 4:00 p.m. (no set end time), John Stanford Center, 2445 3rd Avenue South, School Board Workshop, The work shop will focus on capacity management and building closure. The Superintendent and staff will provide additional information and analysis related to options.
- 6:00 - 8:00 p.m., Rainier Beach HS, 8815 Seward Park Ave S., Community meeting with Michael Tolley
- 6:30 - 8:30 p.m., Hawthorne Elementary (library), 4100 39th Ave S, Community Meeting
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m., Arbor Heights Elementary, 3701 SW 104th Str., Community Meeting
Wednesday, December 10th,
- 4:30 - 5:30 p.m., Madrona K-8, 1121 33rd Ave, Community Meeting
- 6:00-8:00 p.m., at Summit K-12 in the Library or Little Theatre, 11051 34th Ave NE, Community meeting with Michael Tolley.
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m., Thurgood Marshall Elementary, 2401 S. Irvin Str., Community Meeting
Thursday, December 11th,
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m., Leschi Elementary, 135 32nd Ave., Community Meeting