SPS Special Ed Issues? Here's How to Get Help

From the Seattle Special Education PTSA:

If you are having a problem with special education services and need immediate help troubleshooting your issue, write to specialed@seattleschools.org.

 Or call the department at 206-252-0058. Circuits are busy so e-mail may be best.

Ask for Special Education Supervisors Kelly Clevenger or Wayne Herzog or leave a message.

If you or someone you know needs assistance with interpretation services at IEP meetings, inform your special education teacher/case manager in writing and copy the building principal. This service must be provided by law.
Please cc Sped PTA president, Mary Griffin, so that she can document the issues raised at


mirmac1 said…
Thanks for the info Melissa.
mirmac1 said…
For Thursday, September 5th, the staff contacts are Michaela Clancy at 206-252-0807 and Teresa Swanson 206-252-0876.

My calls have gone through so phones are working.
Anonymous said…
Can special ed staff call for help too?

Overloaded already
taswan said…
Yes Special Ed staff can call also. We have a supervisor and a program specialist assigned everyday to answer phone calls.
mirmac1 said…
taswan, could you please provide the names and #s for those assigned for Friday?

Thank you BTW for your efforts.
mirmac1 said…
I understand that the main number of 252-0058 is being staffed today. Don't be discouraged if you have to leave a message. I understand the volume of calls remain high.
Unknown said…
That was so great to see the good point of the blog you have putted here. Many special education schools will be having great resolutions to their main issues by simply using you good services.

top 10 us custom writing services.

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Open Thread

Seattle Public Schools and Their Principals

COVID Issues Heating up for Seattle Public Schools