- The staff attempted to keep the settlement from the Board.
- The staff attempted to keep the settlement from the public.
- Rather than being held accountable for the failure at the heart of this litigation, the principal in the case was promoted - twice.
- No one has been or ever will be held accountable for this failure.
- No one has been or ever will be held accountable for trying to cover up the failure.
- No one has been or ever will be held accountable for trying to keep the settlement from the board or the public.
- This settlement will not lead to any improvements or changes in the way the District handles these sorts of complaints. No lessons were learned.
- The District enacted a crisis response plan for exactly this sort of public relations disaster, and the crisis response utterly failed. There will be no effort to improve that either.
Think how differently everything would have been if, ten years ago, and this year, the District staff had simply followed the policy and procedure. None of this would have happened.