Other items to note:
- He was a finalist to be the in Broad Superintendent Academy in 2010 but either didn't go or didn't get selected.
- 24 schools in Anaheim (now the 10th largest city in California and home of Disneyland), 15 of them been modernized or newly constructed. He's been through capital bond/levy measures.
- It appears that some of their schools are year-round schools.
- Results from the 2011 California Standards Test (CST) showed that overall student performance in the district made significant gains, translating into large increases on the Academic Performance Index (API). The overall District API is 773, just 27 points shy of the state’s benchmark of 800. Several schools individually met that mark including Clara Barton, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Benito Juarez and Alexander J. Stoddard. In addition, 19 of 23 schools met their schoolwide API target in 2011 compared to 14 of 24 in 2010. Compared to state averages, ACSD’s API growth of 18 points is more than double that of the state.
- Banda in 2010 on RTTT money: "The board and staff articulated agreement in concept with most of the requirements in the (Race to the Top) grant, but the ambiguity in some of those requirements, unknown funding level, unclear exit strategy and rushed timeline made it difficult for approval," Banda said.