Legislative action on public education still going (anything not voted out of committee by April 1 is dead and this list in not inclusive of all ed bills):
- expanding states early learning system of ratings
- HB 1240 use of restraints/restraining for students with disabilities (passed out of Ed Ctm unanimously)
- SB5748 tying student scores to test scores died but, as I previously reported, an amendment to bill 1345 includes tying student scores to test scores. That bill is still alive.
-SB5419 SUPER act - Establishes the Student User Privacy in Education Rights Act; which
increases the strength of safeguards protecting student information.
This one got by me. Given it's from a Republican, Senator Litzow, I don't have great hope.
- SB5433 Requires the creation and incorporation of curricula about the history;
culture; and government of the nearest federally recognized Native
American tribe or tribes.
- HB1031 Dual Credit Expands eligibility for College in the High School participation.
- HB1142 Student parking fees. Allows districts to collect student parking fees to be deposited in the ASB fund.
- HB1666 Increasing access to data. Requires the Office of
the Superintendent of Public Instruction to make available results on
the statewide assessments computed as norm-referenced results and as
student growth percentiles.
- HB 1682 Educational outcomes for homeless students. Improves outcomes for homeless students through increased in-school guidance supports; housing stability; and ID services.
-HB 1771 Professional Educator Standards Board.
the Professional Educator Standards Board as an authorized
representative of the state educational agencies for purposes of
accessing and compiling student data for research; monitoring; and
-HB 1813 Computer science education.
Expands computer science education through grant programs and the adoption of computer science and engineering standards.
-HB 1855 Waiving graduation requirements for certain students.
Waives on-time grade-level progression and graduation requirements for at-risk youth or children in need of service.
- SB 5316 Privacy and security of student information.
collecting; retaining; or using student biometric information in any
manner. Requires the development of a data security plan to maintain
I want to call this last one below out because I saw it on a list at LEV. You have to wonder why they included this bill in their education bill tracker when initiatives could be about any subject. Then you remember that LEV didn't support 1351. Oh.
- SB5715 Truth in Initiatives.
Including the contents of fiscal impact statements in the ballot title for certain initiative measures.