Curriculum&Instruction Board committee meeting from 4-6 p.m. Agenda. Items of note: Policy 2200, Equitable Access to Programs and Services, Special Education Comprehensive Correction Action Plan, CTE, Student Assignment, Math Adoption Progress Report
Tuesday, November 5th
Election Day - get those ballots postmarked today!
Road Map to College: application event for seniors. From 2:45-6:00p.m. at Garfield High School.
SEEAC (Special Education Advisory and Advocacy Council) meeting from 6:30-9:30 pm at JSCEE.
Wednesday, November 6th
School Board meeting starting at 4:15 pm at JSCEE. Agenda
Among the items on the agenda:
- presentation about Alternative Learning Experience School Plans
- approval of the Superintendent Evaluation Instrument and Board Self-Evaluation Instrument
- Approval (?!) of Columbia Annex and Mann Portable Lease Agreements. To be posted by today by 3 p.m.)
- Intro of closure of Pinehurst Program (:
- Intro of Intermediate Capacity Management Plan to Support Implementation of Growth Boundaries and BEX IV
- Intro of Growth Boundaries Plan #3
- Intro of approval of CSIPs for each school
- Intro of Legislative agenda which includes:
The 2013-14 proposed legislative agenda is focused on three main areas:
- Operating Budget Funding-Provide funding to enable school districts to provide a high quality education for all students
- Capital Fund Funding -Ensure districts can provide the facilities necessary for 21stCentury education and community participation
- Education Policy -Continue to work with the Legislature to provide measures to allow districts increased ability to close the achievement gap among all students
My one comment is that the Board has no business putting the Columbia Annex/Mann Portable up for Action without Intro. I doubt the real agreement will be ready today and that's just one more reason to not vote on this action. The parties in Mann have dragged their feet and now need to go thru the same process as any other group seeking a partnership with the district. Likewise, the district has dragged its feet. This "hurry up and vote" should not fly.
Thursday, November 7th
Road Map to College: application event for seniors. From 2:30-6:00p.m. at Roosevelt High School.
Friday, November 8th
BEX Oversight Committee Meeting from 8:30-10:30 am. at JSCEE. Should be interesting to hear if the Committee is being briefed on the delays because of the Mann building situation.
National College Fair from 9 am to noon at the Washington State Convention and Trade Center.
Saturday, November 9th
National College Fair from noon to 4 pm at the Washington State Convention and Trade Center.
Community Meeting with Director Smith-Blum from 10 am to noon at Capitol Hill Library.
Community Meeting with Director Carr from 8:30 am to 10:30 am at Bethany Community Church (enter off the playground).